1. According to Weather.com, the forecast for Ellington and Somers calls for rain and thunder with a high of 69 degrees. During the overnight hours, there will be scattered thunderstorms with a low of 62 degrees.
2. The official Ellington H.O.G. chapter will meet tonight at the American Legion in Rockville. Feel free to come to a meeting to see what the group is all about. This group is for Harley-Davidson owners and riders. For information about the Ellington H.O.G. chapter, visit www.ellingtonhog.com.
3. The operate a new and used bookstore called “The Book Cellar” in the basement of the library. There is a room full of books to peruse. The Book Cellar carries adult and children's fiction and non-fiction books, CDs, DVDs, audio books and puzzles. Prices range from 25 cents to $1.50. The Book Cellar will be open today from 2:30 p.m. until 4:30 p.m. All proceeds benefit the Hall Memorial Library.
4. A brain busters class will be offered for children ages 6-10 from 4 p.m. until 5 p.m. at the . The brain is not just a glob of mushy matter that helps you answer questions. Did you know that it helps you to move, see, and even hear the world around you? Your brain may only weigh about three pounds, but it works faster and stores more information than a computer! Be sure to bring yourself and your brain to this brilliant class. The class will take place at the Nature Center and the cost is $13 for members and $15 for nonmembers. Call the Lutz at 860-643-0949 to sign up or visit http://www.lutzmuseum.org/.
5. The Ellington-Somers Patch Facebook page has just gone over 350 “Likes” and we’re not stopping there! How quickly can we get up 375? And beyond? That part is up to you. Let’s see how fast we can do it. There may even be some prizes involved….