- The Ellington Volunteer Fire Department starts today at 6 p.m. at Brookside Park on Route 140 in Ellington. It runs from 6-11 p.m. both Thursday and Friday and from 4-11 p.m. on Saturday.
- The town of Somers is looking for a full time recreation/teen coordinator. Find out more about the position here. Otherwise, if you haven't checked it yet, see the rest of our jobs listings for this week.
- Don't forget the Ellington Historical Society's fall flea market this this Saturday, Sept. 7, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- TRAFFIC: Road work is still being done for the rest of the week on Route 74 between South Windsor and Ellington (from 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday-Friday). Also the state is rehabilitating a bridge on a section of Route 74 in Tolland so traffic is being reduced to one lane. For more information on road work, click here to check the DOT's interactive travel map.
- Don't forget that Ellington and Somers children can enter the state's essay contest honoring veterans. The deadline is Oct. 4. Click here to find out more.