The following local residents are among those to be named to the Roger Williams University Dean's List for the Fall 2012 semester:
- Ellington resident Brianna Mellen, majoring in Marine Biology
- Somers resident Lauren Astone, majoring in Criminal Justice
- Somers resident Brianna Herbert, majoring in Elementary Education
- Somers resident Matthew Hoff, majoring in Finance
- Somers resident Daniel McDonald, majoring in Psychology
Full-time students who complete 12 or more credits per semester and earn a GPA of 3.4 or higher are placed on the Dean's List that semester.
About RWU: Roger Williams University, located in Bristol, R.I., is a leading independent, coeducational university with programs in the liberal arts and the professions, where students become community- and globally-minded citizens through project-based, experiential learning. Offering 43 majors and a plethora of co-curricular activities as well as study abroad options, RWU is dedicated to the success of students, commitment to a set of core values, the pursuit of affordable excellence and to providing a relevant, world-class education above all else. In the last decade, the University has achieved unprecedented successes including recognition as one of the best colleges in the nation by Forbes, a College of Distinction by Student Horizons, Inc. and as both a best college in the Northeast and one of the nation's greenest universities by The Princeton Review.