1. According to Weather.com, the forecast for Ellington and Somers calls for thundershowers with a high of 74 degrees. During the overnight hours, there will be thunderstorms early with a low of 57 degrees.
2. The Teen Creative Writing group meets this afternoon from 3 p.m. until 4 p.m. in the McKnight Community Room at the . The group is open to teens in grades 7-12. Contact the Adult Desk at 860-870-3160 for information about joining.
3. Come to Hall Memorial Library from 6:30 p.m. until 8:30 p.m. to learn how to knit or crochet. Learn basic stitches, how to read a pattern and start some simple projects. This event takes place in the McKnight Community Room.
4. While you’re at the library, make sure to stop at the Friends of Hall Memorial Library Book Cellar bookstore. The store is open from 2:30 p.m. until 4:30 p.m. and has adult and children's fiction and non-fiction, CDs, DVDs, audio books and puzzles. Prices range from 25 cents to $1.50.
5. Come to the and learn all about our skeletons within. Where are the biggest and smallest bones in your body? Which bones do you use to dance? Is there really a bone called a funny bone? Find out the answers to these questions, and more, during this class. This class is for children ages 3-5 with a caregiver, will run from 1 p.m. until 2 p.m., and will be held at the Nature Center. The cost is $13 for members and $15 for nonmembers. Call the Lutz at 860-643-0949 to sign up or visit them online at http://www.lutzmuseum.org/.