1. According to Weather.com, the forecast for Ellington and Somers calls for afternoon showers with a high of 46 degrees. The overnight hours will be partly cloudy with a low of 29 degrees.
2. Make sure to stop at the Book Cellar bookstore. The store is open from 2:30 p.m. until 4:30 p.m. and has adult and children's fiction and non-fiction, CDs, DVDs, audio books and puzzles. Prices range from 25 cents to $1.50. Thanksgiving and Christmas books are now available.
3. The Teen Creative Writing group meets this afternoon from 3 p.m. until 4 p.m. in the McKnight Community Room at the . The group is open to teens in grades 7-12. Contact the Adult Desk at 860-870-3160 for information about joining.
4. Come to Hall Memorial Library from 6:30 p.m. until 8:30 p.m. to learn how to knit or crochet. Learn basic stitches, how to read a pattern and start some simple projects. This event takes place in the McKnight Community Room.
5. The Compassionate Friends East of the River CT Chapter holds a bereavement group on the third Thursday of each month at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Manchester. The group meets at 6:30 p.m. For more information, call 860-375-3087 or visit TCFEastOfTheRiverCT.org.