1. According to Weather.com, the forecast for Ellington and Somers calls for partly cloudy skies with wind, and a high of 42 degrees. The overnight hours will be clear and windy and the low will be 20 degrees.
2. It is widely known that after the rush and merriment of the holiday season, there often comes the let down or, as many call it, the post-holiday blues. There are many contributing factors including thoughts of the upcoming months of cold weather, higher than usual holiday bills, and the weight gain.
3. If you're experiencing post-holiday depression, and even if you're not, keep in mind that here in Connecticut, we've got plenty of comedy clubs, which may be just what the doctor ordered! Here's what's happening at the clubs tonight and this week.
Hartford Funny Bone – 194 Buckland Hills Drive, Manchester – 860-432-8600. Joe List, Tom Dustin and Andy Hendrickson will be performing tonight at 7:30 p.m., as well as Dec. 29, 30 and Jan. 1, 2012. Dinner is available and show prices vary from $15 to $17.
4. Mohegan Sun – 1 Mohegan Sun Boulevard, Uncasville – 888-777-7922. Joey Kola featuring Carie Karavas with special guest Billy Winn will be performing on Saturday night at 8 p.m. and 10:15 p.m. in the Cabaret Theatre at Mohegan Sun. Ticket prices are $29.75 and $39.75.
5. Foxwoods Resort Casino – 350 Trolley Line Boulevard, Mashantucket – 860-312-3352. Tonight at Foxwoods is the last performance of the 12 Comics of Christmas, beginning at 8 p.m. The program will feature the last group of three comedians. On Thursday and Friday, Mitch Fatel will be making three appearances. Thursday's show begins at 8:00 p.m. Friday's shows will take place at 8:00 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. These shows range in price from $15 to $50.