1. According to Weather.com, the forecast for Ellington and Somers calls for partly cloudy skies with a high of 96 degrees. The overnight hours will be mostly clear with a low of 75 degrees. There is still an excessive heat watch for the area and .
2. As part of the 's summer reading activities, a magic show will take place from 10:30 a.m. until 11:15 a.m. Call the library at 860-870-3160 for more information.
3. The operate a new and used bookstore called “The Book Cellar” in the basement of the library. There is a room full of books to peruse. The Book Cellar carries adult and children's fiction and non-fiction books, CDs, DVDs, audio books and puzzles. Prices range from 25 cents to $1.50. The Book Cellar will be open today from 2:30 p.m. until 4:30 p.m. All proceeds benefit the Hall Memorial Library.
4. Today is a busy day at the . At 10 a.m., chair aerobics takes place on Monday and Thursday. The exercise is gentle but effective for seniors. No pre-registration is needed, but if you'd like more information, call 860-763-4379. Also, the Somers Senior Bridge Club is looking for new players to join them each Thursday night at 7 p.m. All levels of ability are welcome, but new members should know basic fundamentals of the game. This friendly, no-cut-throat group welcomes you! Call the center for more information or lessons at 860-763-479. Also call ahead to make sure the group is meeting, in case of bad weather, holidays, etc.
5. Come to in Ellington for Thursday Night Bike Night. It will take place from 5 p.m. until 8 p.m. and there will be food and entertainment. All bikes are welcome!