1. According to Weather.com, the forecast calls for mostly sunny skies with a high of 53 degrees. The overnight hours will be partly cloudy with a low of 41 degrees.
2. The 50th Annual Farmhouse Fair will continue today from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. at the . Brunch is offered from 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Lunch is offered from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m. Lunch offerings include the signature Chicken-a-la-King and old-fashioned Indian Pudding. There will be live music during lunch. The Fair offers a variety of rooms and booths such as quilted items, Knits 'N" Things, pantry/bakery, Christmas decor, harvest home, Unique Boutique, homemade candies, 18" doll clothes and Raggedy Ann and Andy Dolls (the theme this year). All items are handcrafted by members. Cash or check are accepted.
3. There will be a craft and vendor fair at the from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. A pancake breakfast at the station will be offered from 8 a.m. until noon. A light lunch will be offered from noon until 2 p.m.
4. The PTO craft and vendor fair is also today. Everyone is invited to come to the middle school from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. for food, crafts, local businesses, and a raffle.
5. Ellington Cub Scout Pack 96 is taking part in the annual national food drive Scouting for Food. Scouting for Food is the largest single-day food collection event in Connecticut and one of the largest in the nation. The 2011 Connecticut Council Scouting for Food has scheduled units to collect the bags today. The yellow plastic bags have been distributed and were left near mailboxes, or at your front door. Please leave bags with non-perishable food donations at the end of your driveway for pickup today. Bags should be collected starting at 9 a.m. All of the food collected will be going to the local Ellington Food Bank.