1. According to Weather.com, the forecast for Ellington and Somers calls for afternoon showers with a high of 81 degrees. During the overnight hours, there will be isolated thunderstorms with a low of 58 degrees.
2. Tonight in the McKnight Community Room at the in Ellington, there will be the Tolland County Art Association Reception. The reception will begin at 6 p.m.
3. Today is the final day to get your raffle tickets! The Ellington Athletic Booster Club, which supports both middle school and high school sports programs, is holding its third annual Red Sox-Yankees raffle. The grand prize is four tickets to the Red Sox-Yankees game on September 1 at Fenway Park. The seats are located in the State Street Pavilion Club. This grand prize also includes a limousine ride to and from the game departing from Ellington High School. Second prize is a 42" flat screen television, and third prize is three tickets to a Red Sox-Indians game at Fenway Park on August 4. The drawing will be held on June 9 at 6 p.m. prior to the Spring Sports Awards Night at Ellington High School. Tickets are $5 each and can be purchased until June 6 from the following Ellington locations: Mark's Country Wine and Liquors, , , LifeCare Family Chiropractic, and . You can also contact Lori at firstname.lastname@example.org or 860-982-1803. Support this years' raffle and have the opportunity to win a fantastic prize!
4. There will be a blood drive at the in Ellington from 1:30 p.m. until 6:45 p.m. To schedule an appointment to donate, call the Red Cross at 800-733-2767 or visit them online at www.redcrossblood.org.
5. At 10 a.m. at the , chair aerobics will take place. The exercise is gentle but effective for seniors. No pre-registration is needed, but if you'd like more information, call 860-763-4379.