1. According to Weather.com, the forecast for Ellington and Somers calls for partly cloudy skies with a high of 81 degrees. The overnight hours will be partly cloudy with a low of 51 degrees.
2. Come to from 6:30 p.m. until 8:30 p.m. to learn how to knit or crochet. Learn basic stitches, how to read a pattern and start some simple projects. This event takes place in the McKnight Community Room.
3. Come to the for Family Fun Night on the first Thursday of every month from 7 p.m. until 10 p.m. For the cost of $25 per person, guests will enjoy unlimited mini-golf, rock wall, monkey motion, and one batting cage token. Call 860-763-5454 for more information. Also visit them on Facebook.
4. At 10 a.m. at the , chair aerobics will take place. The exercise is gentle but effective for seniors. No pre-registration is needed, but if you'd like more information, call 860-763-4379. Also, the Somers Senior Bridge Club is looking for new players to join them each Thursday night at 7 p.m. All levels of ability are welcome, but new members should know basic fundamentals of the game. This friendly, no-cut-throat group welcomes you! Call the center for more information or lessons at 860-763-479. Also call ahead to make sure the group is meeting, in case of bad weather, holidays, etc.
5. The operate a new and used bookstore called “The Book Cellar” in the basement of the library. There is a room full of books to peruse. The Book Cellar carries adult and children's fiction and non-fiction books, CDs, DVDs, audio books and puzzles. Prices range from 25 cents to $1.50. The Book Cellar will be open today from 2:30 p.m. until 4:30 p.m. All proceeds benefit the Hall Memorial Library.