- Today marks the 12th anniversary of the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11, 2001. There will be several ceremonies across the state, including one at 6 p.m. at the Memorial Garden in Enfield. See a list here on NBC Connecticut. Also, click here to read remarks by Gov. Dannel Malloy and Lt. Gov. Nancy Wyman.
- There will be an Ellington Board of Education meeting tonight at 7:30 p.m. for a brainstorming session at the Administration Building, 47 Main St. Details here.
- WEATHER: Be sure to wear shorts today. It's going to potentially hit 90 degrees in Ellington and Somers. But fear not, it will all break tomorrow with scattered thunderstorms and temperatures dropping to a high of 68. Check the forecast at the National Weather Service.
- There will be a showing of the film "Mud," starring Matthew McConaughey about a fugitive in Mississippi, at 6:30 p.m tonight at Hall Memorial Library, 93 Main St. Details here.
- Ellington-Somers Patch is looking for bloggers interested in talking about the upcoming municipal elections or the candidates. We'd love to hear from you! You can find out more details on this by clicking here.